Saturday 20 June 2015

Thailand- Over night sleeper train

16/06/2015
The over night sleeper train was an experience and something I am actually glad to have done, I probably got about 2 hours sleep, due to the lights being on all night, and the fact at the train swayed from side to side and jolted a lot! I tried to sleep for most of the night with my hoddie on backwards to block out the light but everytime I was drifting off the train jolted! If you happen to go on one, I would advise you to avoid the toilet as much as possible, everything goes straight into the tracks, and as the journey goes on the smell gets worse!


We arrived at Suratthani rail station to stop for some breakfast before getting a lift in the back of a truck for the 2 hour journey to the hotel, all I would say is it wasn't the comfiest! 




We arrived at the hotel and had the rest of the afternoon to chill and see what was around, after a dip in the pool and lunch we all decided to go Canoeingn. It was really good, we stopped to swim in the river and jump off a rope, we also got to see the amazing views of the Khao Sok national park. Followed by dinner and a few cocktails and pool in one of the few bars in the area.





No comments:

Post a Comment