Friday 5 June 2015

Gili Island- TURTLES 🐢

Yesterday- 4th June 2015 
This was the day I had been most excited for all week, going snorkeling! I've only ever done it on the shores in Greece so being out deeper was going to be different. 

 



We snorkelled in three different areas between the islands, with a slight moment half way to the third place when the boat engine decided to temporarily brake! The reefs were not as good as we were hoping in terms of fish, as there wasn't a huge amount going on down there however we did see quite a few turtles, which made my day. I love turtles and have never actually seen one in the sea before! 





We then spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing by the pool before heading off to a night market to get some grub. The market was pretty cool, with all your food cooked in front of you, and stands with amazing cakes and doughnuts for after. This was then followed by a few cocktails on a beach bar to finish our last night on the Gili Islands. And just to keep you all up to date with my tanning process, yes I did burn even with lots of sun-cream on! 


No comments:

Post a Comment